Triple exclamation because why not?! It’s cookies, yerno?
I have tried a ton of chocolate chip cookies before and none of them works for me until I tried this recipe. Before, I always end up having those burnt under cookies with soft top while sometimes I end up having overcooked ones which just end up being not eaten and thrown away and I did not experience those in this recipe.
This cookie recipe is very flexible. It can be done eggless or with egg and if you want it chewy or a little crunchy.
Source: This is a combination of two recipes I found online and use those as basis then I came up with my own (measurements and way of prepping) depending on what I have in the pantry.
Baking Time: 1hr and 30 minutes (can be less)
Servings: 27 or more
- 1 1/2 all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 butter, melted
- 1/2 loosely pack brown sugar
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup or more chocolate chip
- In a bowl mix flour, baking soda and cornstarch
- In a separate and larger bowl, mix butter and both sugars together until creamy for 2 minutes (your choice if with whisk, hand held mixer or stand mixer).
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients.
- Add vanilla essence
- YOU MUST Choose one from the following steps:
– If you want your cookie with egg: add egg
– If you want your cookie without egg: add oil and water
– If you want your cookie with both (what I like): add egg, oil, and water
- Add the chocolate chips
– Total recommended measurement is a cup of chocolate chips but if you want to add more it is totally fine 🙂
– If you want to use white and chocolate chips it is also fine. Use half and half for both, or more 🙂
- Mix everything together
- Prepare your baking pans:
– Grease your pans with butter
– Cover the buttered pans with parchment paper
– Grease the parchment paper with butter
- Scoop the cookie dough using an ice cream scooper and place with two inches apart each dough to the pan.
– I recommend using the 1 inch size scooper.
– It is advisable to use a scooper so that the cookies are uniform or else some will be under cooked while some will be overly cooked.
- Bake this in a preheated oven 350 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes for soft and chewy cookies / 10 – 12 minutes for a little crunch. REMEMBER: Not all ovens are the same so if you think your cookies are under bake give them some more minutes to cook.
And there you have it! Say hello to your cookies!